Accessibility Statement for www.pontcysyllte-aqueduct.co.uk
About this website
This website is run by a partnership of Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB, North East Wales Tourism and Canal and River Trust in Wales. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made our website text as simple as possible to understand, and used consistent layouts to avoid complexity.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This is an external website and the link will open in a new window.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
- Content and functionality provided by third party suppliers may not be fully accessible.
- Some of our online forms are not fully accessible.
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to assistive technology.
- Interactive maps are difficult to navigate using a keyboard only.
- Interactive maps do not include sufficient button labelling or colour contrast.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, or easy read, please contact us:
Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal World Heritage Site
Housing and Economy Department
We will consider your request and get back to you within 10 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or have suggestions for how we can improve the accessibility on this website, please contact the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal World Heritage Site team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). (https://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com)
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility guidelines:
- Some images do not have a text alternative. When we publish new content we will make sure all our images meet accessibility standards.
- Some areas of colour contrast do not meet accessibility requirements.
- Interactive maps are difficult to navigate using a keyboard.
- Some of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards. When considering whether we can provide the information in an accessible format, we will assess:
- how much the work would cost and the impact that carrying out the work would have on us
- how much users with a disability would benefit from us carrying out the work
- Some third party software does not meet accessibility standards. We plan to implement accessibility updates as soon as they are available.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
This website is constantly undergoing accessibility improvements, and contributing editors follow documentation on accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st March 2021. It was last reviewed on 21st March 2021.
This website was last tested on 21st March 2021. The test was carried out by Artychoke.
We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test: A cross-section of page types, with a high level of traffic on the website.